Philipsburg Elks Lodge & Country Club
The Philipsburg Elks Lodge & C.C., located in Philipsburg, PA, is a short 20 minute drive from State College, PA. The course was designed by Alexander H. Findlay, "The Father of American Golf", and opened in 1922. Mr. Findlay also designed such local courses as Clinton CC (1910), Centre Hills CC (1921), Curwensville CC (1924) and Tyrone GC (1925).
The Philipsburg Elks Lodge & C.C. is a nine hole USGA course measuring only 5600 yards but has many challenges that make up for its short length. The course has small, undulating, quick greens that puts a premium on the approach shot. The greens are surrounded by elevation changes, mounds and 29 total bunkers. The fairways are contoured so you are not left with many level lies. The course also features different sets of tees from front to back changing the par on several holes.
Paul C. Fischer - Golf Professional since 1996 Gary A. Helsel - Golf Committee Chair
Chuck Welch - Course Superintendent since 1994 Michael Czap - Greens Committee Chair
Men: par 70, 5595 yards, 68.2 rating, 129 slope (Nate Lucas shot the course record, 61, on May 25, 2004)
Ladies: par 72, 5139 yards, 71.6 rating, 126 slope
COURSE HAS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON